Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday Tip!!!

I have to apologize for not writing in a while.  I have had some family medical issues and a couple of days in there where my internet was down.  Darn Time Warner!  But I'm back and I have a great tip for you!

This tip really comes from my own lack of attention to my car.  Leather care is truly important if you have it in your car.  Personally, I am not a fan of leather in vehicles, but I have one.   My lesson has been learned in not taking care of it properly.  

This is what happens when you don't take care of your leather!!!









To take care of leather here are some simple steps to keep in mind.

1.  Make sure to clean your upholstery well by vacuuming and spot cleaning anything sticky or dirty.

2.  Always check online or your manufacturers guide to see what they recommend.  Different cars have different leather.  When using something you are not sure of make sure to test in a spot that is inconspicuous. 

3.  Use a clean cloth that is moistened and dry with a different cloth.  Make sure dry throughly before proceeding to the next step.

4.  Lanolin should be used next with a dry sponge or cloth.  

5.  Then apply a leather sunscreen or sealant by spraying it directly on the leather.  This will ensure a more complete protection against weathering and the sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment