Sunday, May 27, 2012

Meaningful Way to Celebrate MEMORIAL DAY


I ran across this particular website the other day and was very impressed with what they do.  Purpleheartcars.org supports veterans by allowing people to donate their cars (whether they run or not).  However, this particular program will also take boats, trucks and RV's.  

Many Vet's return home to find themselves in difficult financial situations.  Personally I think it's a shame that we as a society are not more supportive of those who have given their time and sometimes their lives for our country.  I am grateful that there are programs such as this to help out.  

I know many people do not have a old car that they would be able to just give away.  I have only had one such time that this would have been something I could have done.  But there are other ways to help out, such as donating clothing, home goods or cash.  If more people would become aware of this need, the fewer Vet's would have to depend on programs like this to help them.   

Take time out of your day to tell a Vet how much you appreciate them and their service.


No comments:

Post a Comment