Monday, October 1, 2012

Senior Moments

Senior Moments
I'll admit I have them too.....



It's really too bad life can't be more like this.  But sadly, no.  About 2 weeks ago an 11 month old was killed in a church parking lot in the Kansas City area by an elderly person.  The natural thought for me is "how old is too old?"  89 does seem old to most of us that are a far cry from this age.  Driving down the road I have often had to practically slam on my brakes as I have come upon an older driver.  

Most drivers understand that when you drive so much slower than the norm you should move to the farthest right lane.  However, I have seen for seniors this is not always the case.  They really seem to be in their own world.

When this story was talked about on the local radio I heard a state trooper come to the seniors driving defense.  "I have seen just as many young and middle age drivers also doing dangerous things."  While this might be true, I still haven't heard of younger drivers backing into people or driving over them with their car, unless they were intoxicated of course!

Why this sort of incident does not seem to happen real often, there never seems to be anything done about it.  There are hardly any laws on the books that address seniors and driving.  Which I think is a shame.  My thought on this is that there are some very powerful groups "protecting" senior rights like AARP.  

I know what you are thinking; if I was this age I would want all of my driving privileges.  I will honestly say, I don't really like to drive now.  I'm sure I will not want to be driving as I turn 89!

Any thoughts???????

1 comment:

  1. cool video..old ladies should learn to drive specially when their partner is not around

    ReplyDelete