Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Madness

I-70 Westbound at Mile Marker 43.3





I hope everyone had a nice and enjoyable Mother's Day.  The weather certainly was cooperative (at least here in Missouri).  While I had a busy weekend it was nice.  As we were driving home from Columbia we ran into a lane closure on I-70.   Now I have learned much patience over the years driving on I-70, but let me tell you I was really tired after a graduation weekend celebration and was just ready to get home.  

We moved to a snails pace for about 30 minutes and had only traveled about 1 mile.  There were no signs to tell us exactly how much longer this would last and for all we knew we might be here quite a bit longer.  So hubby decided to do a U-turn on one of those gravel areas in between the east and west bounds (you know the ones where cops like to sit).  We then proceeded eastbound to the next exit and took the outer road.

It was then that we could tell that this back up went both east and west bound lanes.  I personally was just outraged that on a Mother's Day weekend, and only on Sunday, that MoDot would decide they needed on work on a bridge overpass.  Really?  This could not wait until Monday, or better yet how about later in the evening?  

Well I guess the moral of the story is to make sure you check road conditions before you leave.  More on this Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment